The Reviving Power of the God’s Word
40 Days of Increase | Day 36
–by Pastor Don Weeks, Antioch Missionary Baptist Church
Psalms 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
David no doubt had been taught the Ten Commandments as a boy. Think of all the things the law taught David, long before killing Goliath. David attributes all his learning to the law.
God’s Word made David wiser than his enemies.
Psalms 199:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
God’s Word made David smarter than all his teachers.
Psalms 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
God’s Word gave him more understanding than all the wise ones from history.
Psalms 119:100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
There on the hillside, watching his sheep, David the shepherd boy meditated on God’s Word. Somehow he had learned to read, write, sling stones, shoot arrows and fight off wild animals-like bears and lions-with his bare hands. He practiced his instrument of ten strings and was later invited in to King Saul’s private quarters to play for him. His songs, which we call psalms, are the world’s most translated, best selling, most treasured, and most enduring songs of all time—and we don’t even know the original melodies. David was totally inspired by God’s law. Read Psalm 119:97 again. Wouldn’t you like to be as “revived” as he was?
Psa 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
Your practical task
We are going to do an experiment today. I am going to meditate with you using God’s law, the Ten Commandments. But this morning, our meditation will be on God’s law as Ten Precious Prophecies. Since God’s law was perfectly fulfilled in Christ, right?
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Since the law was fulfilled by Christ, each one of the Ten Commandments have also been fulfilled by Christ. Let us consider each one of them today as prophecies that will be perfectly fulfilled for each one of us in eternity. Warning, the power of God’s Word is so potent you may be changed—even revived—after this exercise. Ready? Here we go…
- Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Let’s begin by rejoicing in the fulfillment of this prophecy. In eternity, we will not have any other gods before us! The Lamb of God, the Lord Jesus Christ lights up all of Heaven with the light of His being and all of us there will worship the One True God, Jesus Christ.
- Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: This prophecy will be perfectly fulfilled in Heaven. We will worship the living Christ and there will not be any graven image made to represent our God.
- Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. This commandment, taken as an eternal prophecy, is definitely something to get excited about! Never, ever, in eternity will we hear God’s name used as a curse word. Instead, it is guaranteed that in Heaven we will only hear blessed praises to His glorious name.
- Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Jesus is our Sabbath. We will be resting and rejoicing forever in Him. Prophecy fulfilled.
- Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. No one in glory will be dishonored. Prophecy fulfilled.
- Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill. Only life reigns in the presence of Christ. There will be no murderers in Heaven.
- Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. As the Bride of Christ, the church has no other Groom.
- Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal. Theft shall not exist in Heaven. No locks in Heaven, and only one key, and Jesus is the owner.
- Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. There is no lying in Heaven. It is a place of perfect truth.
- Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. We will have everything we could possibly desire in Heaven. This prophecy, too, will be perfectly fulfilled.
Revival is simply doing God’s will on earth as it is done in Heaven. Jesus told us to pray for the day when that would happen.
Let’s be revived and live out God’s law today on Earth. We will be for all eternity. Amen?
Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Have an awesome and revived day in Christ today.
HE MUST INCREASE
You are invited.
May God revive us through His Word.
All are welcome for our 2017 Spring Revival at Antioch.
Sunday, March 26 at 11:00 am
Sunday, March 26 at 6:00 pm
Monday, March 27 at 7:00 pm
Tuesday, March 28 at 7:00 pm
Wednesday, March 29 at 7:00 pm
Bible preaching: by Pastor Christopher Weeks
Special music each service.
Wednesday is youth emphasis night with the young people leading the service and providing the music.
Nursery for babies and young children provided each service.