40 Days of Increase | Day 6
If you would like to begin at Day 1 you can find that post here. You may continue to read sequentially by clicking the link end of each post.
—by Pastor Don Weeks, Antioch Baptist Church
The greatest way for Christ to increase in the world is for us as believers to live out the light that God has given us, and to go tell someone about Him.
Mark 16:15 And he (Jesus Christ) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Yesterday we asked you make a list of 10 things you could do so that Christ might increase in the lives of others. I am so curious to see your lists! Perhaps you are interested in my list. Here are my ten:
- Speak about Jesus in all your conversations to others.
- Give a cup of cold water to someone (in the sense of doing something good) in Jesus’ name.
- Be a friend to someone in need and try to console them with the words of Christ.
- Open your home to those less fortunate and show them the love of Christ.
- Write a warm and kind letter to someone you know needs Christ and appeal to them to consider Christ.
- Invite and bring someone to church.
- Get in a plane and fly to a country open to the gospel, win souls and start a church.
- Start and promote a website that clearly proclaims the gospel.
- Speak positively of Christ and your local church in person, and on social media.
- Be a good example and maintain your testimony for Christ so that all you have said and done cannot be evil spoken of by others.
As I already said, I would love to know what is on your list. Feel free to post your comments below.
Today’s PT (Practical Task)
Your task for the today is simple. Take action on just one of the items on your list. If you don’t have a list, feel free to choose from mine. You know, you and I can cause Christ to increase in this world, and in the lives of others. How do we do it? I think the answer is still found in John 3:30:
John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Have a great day in Christ!
Click here for an index of Practical Tasks (PT’s).